Monday, September 7, 2015

This Is Me.

Things in my life have not been easy. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up where I am now. I been through a lot more than the average suburban 20-Something. Sure, there are others out there that have it much, much worse than me, but I've been fighting an uphill battle over the past few years, that's for sure!

I was very lucky to have hardworking parents who always supported my dreams. I wanted to figure skate, so they let me figure skate. It certainly wasn't easy, but my parents worked their booties off to make sure that my brothers and I always had our needs meet. We were by no means rich, but we were solid middle class. We didn't get to take vacations or have luxurious things, but we were never hungry and always had clothes on our backs.

I definitely got my hardworking side from my dad. He showed me that if you work hard enough, you can do whatever you want. My dad was a plumber, and ALWAYS talked up college so his kids would never have to suffer through the physical labor that he had to endure on a daily basis.

A lot changed when I was 19. I got knocked up. I was happy about it at the time (and would never take my daughter back) but... that was the worst decision I've ever made. Getting pregnant with a guy who I met online seven months earlier (and had a super rocky relationship with) was not my brightest decision. Obviously, we broke up. It took awhile (I stuck around just for the baby's sake...another fucking awful idea) but it was definitely not meant to work out. He was an abusive cheating asshole. I was also immature and a crazy bitch. It really was a match made in hell.

As far as my school goes, I was in community college for a while. I failed out because I drank too much and didn't go to class. One day it hit me like a bag of bricks: I realized that if I didn't get my shit together, I would never reach the bigger better things in life that I've always wanted.

Now, after many failed relationships, I'm finally happy just being a single chick. It's very refreshing to have my own apartment, with my awesome three year old as my roommate, and not having to worry about the pressures of dating. Do I want to get married some day? I thought so. But after seeing how great it is to be single, I'm starting to rethink the whole concept of marriage and relationships.

This is me. In real life, I'd never have the balls to say any of what I write in this blog...which is why I love this blog. I can be my crazy, honest self without having to worry about what other people think of me. Judge me all you want, but this is me. I am C.

No comments:

Post a Comment