12:44 p.m. - 911 call. They transferred me to a state police line who promised me that help was "en route" (whatever the hell that means).
1:22 p.m. - The help truck arrived. I was wearing a knee-length dress, standing in knee-high grass with crickets jumping all over me, holding a 30+ pound toddler in 95 degree heat, on the side of the highway. I was ecstatic when the help finally came.
1:29 p.m. - Help crew informs me it is not safe to drive my car. It didn't just overheat...a bunch of shit busted and there was a puddle of antifreeze under the car. They offered to call me a ridiculously expensive tow truck, but I refused. They drove Boo Boo and I to a nearby toll oasis so we could sit inside.
1:34 p.m. - Whoever invented air conditioning, I love you. I hope that this is the first and last time that I will be excited to sit in a toll plaza.
1:35 p.m. - I call my favorite mechanic. I explain the issue. He gives me the information for a tow company that they recommend.
1:40 p.m. - The tow truck is on the way! This is great! In no longer than an hour we should be on our merry way home (...not really, because I'll be thinking about how I'm going to pay for this shit). I didn't ask how much the tow would cost because I was scared to know.
1:55 p.m. - The tow truck driver calls. He tells me he's 10 minutes away. 'Damn!' I thought to myself. These people are fast. I picked up Boo Boo and started walking back to the car.
1:58 p.m. - During the roughly 200 meter walk from the toll plaza to my disabled car through the knee-high grass on the side of the highway, I realized I'm too weak to ever do Naked and Afraid. Walking through the knee-high grass with the bugs and probably snakes made me realize that I just don't have it in me.
2:05 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:15 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:25 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:30 p.m. - What the fuck. Still no tow truck. I called the company to see what the hell was going on. "Let me call the driver and call you back," the sweet old lady on the phone said.
2:35 p.m. - No phone call.
2:40 p.m. - No phone call.
2:42 p.m. - My phone rings. "Ma'am, I can't get ahold of the driver, I'll have to call you back." Seriously? They needed to figure this shit out now because I was standing in knee-high grass with crickets holding a now screaming and traumatized three year old in the now 100 degree heat on the side of a busy highway.
2:47 p.m. - My phone rings. "Ma'am I am so sorry, but there's been a mistake. The driver picked up the wrong car." Yeah, I lost my shit. I was trying so hard to keep my cool, but how fucking stupid and ignorant does someone have to be to pick up the wrong car...I gave them the make, model, color, license plate, and exact mile marker that I was on the highway. There was no grey area about what car to pick up. "We'll send out another truck as soon as we can, honey."
2:49 p.m. - I called my mom crying. She panics and wants to come pick me up. I tell her no and immediately regret calling her.
2:56 p.m. Boo Boo starts crying again and asks if anyone is ever going to come save us. I tell her I hope so (but secretly I feel like crying again too).
3:15 p.m. - My phone rings. The new tow truck driver says he's 10 minutes away, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
3:25 p.m. - No tow truck. What is it with these damn tow truck drivers.
3:33 p.m. - I feel like screaming. I feel like crying. I feel like jumping for joy (which I probably would have done if my legs weren't already cut up from the pokey grass). The tow truck arrived and I couldn't be happier.
Luckily, we made it back safe and sound to my parents house. I was so happy to be done with that ordeal.
Yesterday, I got a phone call from my shop. There is at least 2-3 thousand in repairs. The car is only worth 4 thousand. So basically...I'm screwed. I'm going to see if I can get a shop to take it as a trade in for 2-3 thousand and I'll eat the rest of the cost of the loan. Fingers crossed that I can get this figured out.
XOXOXO, C
1:22 p.m. - The help truck arrived. I was wearing a knee-length dress, standing in knee-high grass with crickets jumping all over me, holding a 30+ pound toddler in 95 degree heat, on the side of the highway. I was ecstatic when the help finally came.
1:29 p.m. - Help crew informs me it is not safe to drive my car. It didn't just overheat...a bunch of shit busted and there was a puddle of antifreeze under the car. They offered to call me a ridiculously expensive tow truck, but I refused. They drove Boo Boo and I to a nearby toll oasis so we could sit inside.
1:34 p.m. - Whoever invented air conditioning, I love you. I hope that this is the first and last time that I will be excited to sit in a toll plaza.
1:35 p.m. - I call my favorite mechanic. I explain the issue. He gives me the information for a tow company that they recommend.
1:40 p.m. - The tow truck is on the way! This is great! In no longer than an hour we should be on our merry way home (...not really, because I'll be thinking about how I'm going to pay for this shit). I didn't ask how much the tow would cost because I was scared to know.
1:55 p.m. - The tow truck driver calls. He tells me he's 10 minutes away. 'Damn!' I thought to myself. These people are fast. I picked up Boo Boo and started walking back to the car.
1:58 p.m. - During the roughly 200 meter walk from the toll plaza to my disabled car through the knee-high grass on the side of the highway, I realized I'm too weak to ever do Naked and Afraid. Walking through the knee-high grass with the bugs and probably snakes made me realize that I just don't have it in me.
2:05 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:15 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:25 p.m. - No tow truck.
2:30 p.m. - What the fuck. Still no tow truck. I called the company to see what the hell was going on. "Let me call the driver and call you back," the sweet old lady on the phone said.
2:35 p.m. - No phone call.
2:40 p.m. - No phone call.
2:42 p.m. - My phone rings. "Ma'am, I can't get ahold of the driver, I'll have to call you back." Seriously? They needed to figure this shit out now because I was standing in knee-high grass with crickets holding a now screaming and traumatized three year old in the now 100 degree heat on the side of a busy highway.
2:47 p.m. - My phone rings. "Ma'am I am so sorry, but there's been a mistake. The driver picked up the wrong car." Yeah, I lost my shit. I was trying so hard to keep my cool, but how fucking stupid and ignorant does someone have to be to pick up the wrong car...I gave them the make, model, color, license plate, and exact mile marker that I was on the highway. There was no grey area about what car to pick up. "We'll send out another truck as soon as we can, honey."
2:49 p.m. - I called my mom crying. She panics and wants to come pick me up. I tell her no and immediately regret calling her.
2:56 p.m. Boo Boo starts crying again and asks if anyone is ever going to come save us. I tell her I hope so (but secretly I feel like crying again too).
3:15 p.m. - My phone rings. The new tow truck driver says he's 10 minutes away, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
3:25 p.m. - No tow truck. What is it with these damn tow truck drivers.
3:33 p.m. - I feel like screaming. I feel like crying. I feel like jumping for joy (which I probably would have done if my legs weren't already cut up from the pokey grass). The tow truck arrived and I couldn't be happier.
Luckily, we made it back safe and sound to my parents house. I was so happy to be done with that ordeal.
Yesterday, I got a phone call from my shop. There is at least 2-3 thousand in repairs. The car is only worth 4 thousand. So basically...I'm screwed. I'm going to see if I can get a shop to take it as a trade in for 2-3 thousand and I'll eat the rest of the cost of the loan. Fingers crossed that I can get this figured out.
XOXOXO, C
No comments:
Post a Comment